Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Guest Book Comments

Guest Book for
Gerry Miller
Page 1 of 1



June 10, 2008
I worked with Gerry at Waldenbooksand have very fond memories of her. I am sorry I just found out about her passing today and missed the gathering. She was a special lady.

Denese Duncan (Savannah, GA) Contact me

June 10, 2008
Jackie & Johnny, mom told me about Aunt Gerry........I'm so sorry that she's gone.... But at least she won't be suffering anymore. I know mom is very sad that she wasn't able get down there to see Gerry last week as she had planned. Just fyi, I took mom to the hospital Sunday morning for those spasms she's been experiencing in her back. She's still there and I'm hoping she can start physical therapy either today or tomorrow. I will keep you posted......Love,Debbie

Debbie Neal (Germantown, MD)

June 9, 2008
Jack and JohnSo sorry about the lose of your mom. Having known well through all these years and traveled with her to England and such she was surely one of a kind. and will be missed very much. Love and peace to all of the family.

Steve Killian (Charlotte)

June 9, 2008
Gerry may be gone but she will never be forgotten by those of us who knew and loved her. She was a true original. We'll miss her...

Jocelin & Maggie (Atlanta, GA)

June 8, 2008
The Hibernian Society of Savannah has lost its sweetheart as well as a talented calligrapher for our Annual Dinner invitations. Gerri was very special to our officers and to The Board of Stewards. We were all fortunate to have known and to have worked with her. She was wonderful and will be missed. Paul Jurgensen MDChairman, Bd. of Stewards, Hibernian Society of Savannah.

Paul Jurgensen MD (Savannah, GA) Contact me

June 8, 2008
I am so sorry to learn of Gerry's death. She was a wonderful friend to all of my family. She was so artistic and well read. I loved her sense of humor and will always remember her fondly. I will treasure the Christmas cards she sent me each year. I regret that I didn't see more of her in the past year. My condolences to Jack and John, my childhood friends. You're in my prayers. Becky Conaway Tedder

Becky Tedder (Savannah, GA) Contact me

June 8, 2008
I knew Gerry well. When we were at the "Out-post" or 1790, we would engage in conversations trying to pick each other's brain. She was great; extremely intelligent; personable and had many friends. She will be sorely missed by family and friends(that had the pleasure of knowing the real "GERRY"::"SONNY"

"SONNY" STRICKLAND (WILMINGTON ISLAND, GA) Contact me

June 8, 2008
John,So sorry to hear of your loss.You and yours will be in my prayers. We went to Savannah High together in the late 1960's. Hope you are doing well. Your picture in your Mom's blog cemented my notion that you were the John Miller I knew at good ole' SHS. I now live in Asheville and know why your Mom loved these mountains !!God blessJoey

Joey Kratzer (Asheville, NC)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Deepest Sympathy....
Hello John, I heard from Shellie that your Mom passed away and I want to say that I know how hard that is to deal with. Please know that my sincere and deepest thoughts are with you through this difficult time. Just know that she is at peace and she is always with you in spirit. I don't really know the details of her passing meaning if she has been ill and if it was expected or not. Either way you will miss her dearly. I truly believe that when people pass over to their next life it is because God has a new purpose for them. And he must have needed her with him now. I am sorry for your loss and hope that you are okay with it. Remember that death is not something to be sad about but that it is a celebration of one's life. I miss my Mom so much all the time but I am grateful that God let me have her as long as I did. One day we will be together again and that I am sure of. God bless you and all your family and hold each other tight and remember all the good things that your Mom stood for. Memories are what holds us all together in the end. My prayers are for you at this time....... Thanks,
Cindy Wamer

Anonymous said...

John, Jack, and family! signed guest book wkend of the 4th, so sorry it was too late! I feel your pain, cause there is none other than a mothers love. We are our mom's children always, and beleive or not you will grow closer as time passes. It's been 12 yrs, since losing ours, and still laugh, cry remembering, and know she is looking down on us, yipes! your mom was a lady indeed, and very unique the 1st time I met her long ago, and was such til she left this earth. If there is anything I can do/say, I'm here, specially for you, Johnnie! we've been best friends for so many yrs. and have been thru so much together w/other friends too. I commend this site, in her honor. God Bless to all, Shellie and Bob